We value your privacy above everything else.
Put simply, Sabi:
- Does not sell your personal information to anyone
- Does not collect information like your passwords or browsing history
- Does not collect sensitive personal information
We don't collect extra personal information from you because we don't want to have extra personal information from you. We just want you to enjoy Sabi and know that your data is safe.
When we say “Company”, “we”, “our”, or “us” in this document, we are referring to us, the team behind Sabi. When we say “services”, “product services”, or “products”, we mean any product created and maintained by us. When we say “You” or “your”, we are referring to the people or organizations that own an account with one or more of our Services.
By using Sabi, you are consenting to the collection and use of your personal information for the purposes of providing you our product services.
We will never share your data with a third-party. We will analyze and store your data for the purposes of improving our product services. We will never sell, rent, or otherwise share this information to anyone outside of our organization. Also, we will never spam your email. We may occasionally send one-time messages about important news, or occasionally solicit information to improve our product services, but you can always opt out by getting in touch through our contact form or via email at email@example.com.
- Email: This information is used to have access to our product services and contact you about any essential information that you need to know.
- Payment Information: We use this so that we can charge you for our product services. Your payment information is passed directly to our payment processor, Stripe, and does not go through our servers. We only check through our payment processor whether a payment is successful, and then apply the new subscription status to your account. The collection and use of this data is provided on the basis of legitimate interest to have the possibility to provide you with our services.
examples: credit card information, billing address
- Access Logs: We log all access to verify that no unauthorized access has happened. We also use this to aid development and debug any errors that occur. The collection and use of this data is provided on the basis of legitimate interest to improve Sabi and prevent fraud.
examples: IP address, browser version, operating system
- Product Service Data: We use this data to track and show you your learning progress across various content by saving information such as your translation responses and whether your response was correct. This in conjunction with when you report performance issues and errors allows us to debug errors and maintain proper functioning of our product services. The collection and use of this data is provided on the basis of legitimate interest to follow the aim for which Sabi is created and provide you with our services.
examples: streaming platform, video id, response text
- Direct Contact Data: When you contact us through means such as our contact form or by email, we keep information on that correspondence. We use this data to respond to any of your concerns or requests, as well as to improve our product services from feedback. The collection and use of this data is provided on the basis of legitimate interest for the services to be provided properly.
examples: email, text body
We also use “cookies”. A cookie is a piece of data stored on a site visitor's hard drive to help us improve your access and experience. For instance, when we use a cookie to identify you, you would not have to log in a password more than once, thereby saving time. The collection and use of this data is provided on the basis of a legitimate interest of the business and user.
We also use Plausible Analytics to track overall trends in the usage of our website. Plausible Analytics collects only aggregated information, which does not allow us to identify any visitor to our website. For more information, please visit the following links: https://plausible.io/data-policy.
You are entitled (in the circumstances and under the conditions set out in the applicable law) to:
- Request information on your Personal Data processed by us. This right entitles you to know if we hold your Personal Data and if we do, to obtain information on and a copy of that Personal Data.
- Request a rectification of your Personal Data. This right entitles you to have your Personal Data corrected if it is inaccurate or incomplete.
- Object to the processing of your Personal Data. This right entitles you to request Sabi to no longer process your Personal Data.
- Request the erasure of your Personal Data. This right entitles you to request the erasure of your Personal Data.
- Request the restriction of your Personal Data. This right entitles you to request only Sabi process your Personal Data in limited circumstances and with your consent.
- Request portability of your Personal Data. This right entitles you to receive a copy (in a structured, commonly used, and machine-readable format) of Personal Data you have provided to Sabi, or request Sabi to transmit this Personal Data to another data controller).
You must be a legal adult to use our product services under the applicable law and laws of the country where you are located. We do not knowingly collect, use, or share the Personal Data of users under 16 years old. In the case we discover that a child under 16 has provided us with personal information, we will immediately delete their personal information from our servers. If you are a parent or guardian and you are aware that your child has provided us with personal information, please contact us immediately and we will do our best efforts to promptly remove such information from our records.
All the data we collect is stored in an encrypted format. We also anonymize data such as Product Service Data and Access Logs. Access logs are deleted after 30 days. All other data is kept until your account is deleted, after which point we will retain only anonymous data collected through our product services.
Our website also may contain links to other sites. Please be aware that we are not responsible for the content or privacy practices of such other sites. We encourage you to be aware when you leave our site and to read the privacy statements of any other site that collects personally identifiable information.